Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year, Lovelies!

Good morning! On this coldy and snowy day I am drinking a delicious cup of French Vanilla coffee to keep me warm and toasty. I wanted to write this post yesterday, on the first of the year, but I was so busy. I have recently started selling all of my old text books to make a little extra money to put toward my student loans. Now that I have graduated and I have a few months before I start graduate school I am focusing on trying eliminate my loans and work on myself. I've started running which I mentioned in a previous post and I am trying to eat healthier. I am also trying to be as positive as possible. 



I hope all of you had a wonderful New Year's!  I rang in the New Year with my family this year because unfortunately one of my family members is sick. Just because it was a small family affair I didn't tone down my look much. Even though it's a feed days after New Year's Eve I wanted to give you a run down of my look from my hair and clothes down to my makeup. 

I am a very classic person to begin with and I believe less is more. I kept to my style with my black oversized silk t-shirt and dark skinny jeans. I wore a long necklace with a cutout diamond pendant that I received for Christmas and I wore my hair in very soft waves. For make up I decided to focus on my eyes. I used BB Cream on my face (Maybelline in Light/Medium), matti flying powder, and topped it off with Hoola Bronzer by Benefit Cosmetics, and Bella Bamba blush also by Benefit Cosmetics. For my eyes I used my new Naked3 palette which I am loving!!! I used about four shades to create a subtle smokey eye. I cannot for the life of my remember which colors I did use but the darkest was Factory. Lastly, I used a light pink/nude on my lips. I used a gloss I got with my Vera Wang Princess perfume set. 

I waited until the last minute to do my nails. I couldn't decide what color or how to do them. I am hopeless at nail art. I was originally going to do light pink with a pink sparkle party nail. Well I chose Sugar Daddy by Essie as my color and it was just too light. I wanted something a little more opaque. I decided to test out the party nail anyways with my sparkly nail polish whichever as A Cut Above by essie. The sparkles weren't as thick as I remembered so I ended up going with a quick all over of the sparkles on all my nails. This was the result: 


I ended up liking the end result but I will not be waiting until the last minute next time! I want to try some new colors and designs. I really like Aruba Blue and Butler Please by Essie. I think those will be the next to end up in yay collection. Leave my a comment if there are any others I should add!

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment