Sunday, January 5, 2014

Frustration...

I'm one of those people who tends to internalize my frustrations and keep everything to myself. It's not the best thing that I could do but it's definitely not the worst. Today was one of those days where it started out great and then things just went downhill and fast. Last night I went to go order the black Sam Edelman Penny boots and the website said they had one left in my size. Well, it turns out they didn't. This morning they restocked and I was able to order them with free next business day shipping. I was so excited! I have been looking for the perfect black boots for years and I finally found them! Then I made a great Sunday brunch of homemade French toast for my mother and I. Everything was going great. 

Around mid-morning I ended up getting hurt and I cried. I am not some who cries easily or often. I won't go into the gory details but it had to do with my nail and it still hurts and the bandaid and pain is making it difficult to type this. My dog accidentally bit me (not maliciously, she was trying to chew her boneand my finger was right there). I was upset with her and I was upset that I got hurt. I was also upset that my nail is broken below the end of my finger and that I will have to grow it out. 

I didn't know how to deal with my frustration. Getting hurt wasn't the only thing that was bothering me. I have been feeling a little stuck lately. I graduated from college and I have a little while until I start my graduate program. I don't know what to do with myself. I feel lost. I don't have a job and I don't have many friends from home anymore and definitely none that I would consider a good friend. The ones I am still in contact with are still in college. I went from living in an apartment with a really good friend and always having something to do and now it's the opposite. I am frustrated. 

I decided (after sometime wallowing in my bed under the covers) to run on the treadmill. I hadn't planned on running or working out at all today but I decided I needed an outlet. I didn't run for long but it helped. I am happy that I have a new way of channeling my energy that will help me deal with my frustrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment