Friday, January 3, 2014

Staying Healthy

With the New Year upon us it seems like everyone has a resolution to get healthier and exercise more, myself included.  I started working out again a few days before the first and I am so happy I did. I worked out pretty consistently while I was at school but once I returned home I stopped completely. Exercising and eating healthy make me feel so much better about myself. I'm more confident, I feel better, and I am happier. It's not just about physical health but also being in a good state of mind. Lately, I've been trying to be positive and stay positive about situations. I've put together a little list of things that I do to stay healthy. 

1.) Keep a journal of your fitness activities for each day! Find a notebook that you love and it will encourage you to use it. I chose this bright pink one with flowers. Everyday I look forward to writing in it which makes working out a little easier. This will also help you keep track of your goals and milestones. I track the time and distance of each run and because I am still very much a beginner I like to see the progressive I've made. I compete with myself  when it comes to how long I can run and if I can go just a little bit farther in the same amount of time. 


2.) Snacks are essential! This is my typical snack during the summer. I love making a pretty bowls with some fruit and nuts. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing but it's nutritious and filling! Instead of grabbing a fruit juice that is loaded with added sugars and preservatives I opted to make my own iced tea. This particular picture shows my version of a Starbucks Iced Passion Tea Lemonade. I steeped a Tazo Passion Tea in hot water for five minutes, added lemon juice, and let cool. I then poured it over ice. For added sweetness add Truvia!


3.) I love tea! Tea is so healthy for you and it is hydrating. I try to drink tea regularly and it is a great alternative to coffee. I love having coffee just about everyday but I always cut myself off at either two cups or once I've eaten lunch and then I switch over to tea. In the evenings I drink chamomile because it'd helps you fall asleep. I suffer from insomnia and this helps so much! Tea and chamomile always make me feel relaxed. 


4.) After reading Treasure Yourself by Miranda Kerr I really wanted to put some of her ideas into  action. Being healthy and treating your body right is one of the themes and I truly believe that she is spot on. Another theme in this book is positivity.


One of the ways in which Miranda stays positive is through the use of affirmations. I've used some of the affirmations that Miranda has attend end of the book and I've also downloaded a great app that has daily affirmations. The app is called "Affirmations!" Using affirmations helps to keep your mind positive and it trains your mind to think positively. 




No comments:

Post a Comment